Pages

Angels & Demons


There is one word that comes in my mind when I want to describe this movie: impressive. Of course there is much more to it but the visuals beat everything. The fantastic and at the same time terrific scenes of a man being hanged by his wrists over a fire in a church, a lone parachute flying down towards a crowd after a massive explosion and the amazing depiction of the architecture of Rome stay in mind for a long time.

Another mind-blowing part of the movie is the music. Hans Zimmer, of course – a composer whom I've loved since Pirates of the Caribbean. To my mind, the soundtrack is an essential part of the movie. It has to be memorable and this one is. It is epic, grand and even heartbreaking. It makes your skin crawl, the hair at the back of your neck stand up and tears to swell up in your eyes. I am already prowling for chances to download it to my mp3.

A good reason for watching this movie is Ewan McGregor as Camerlengo Patrick McKenna. Simply splendid. His performance was effortless, light and very charming. And of course, the secret of his charm is revealed when he turns out to be the bad guy. I knew this already of course, as I had read the book. 

Best line: "It scares the hell out of me."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw it too, and thought it was amazing... I was on the edge of my seat literally every second

Post a Comment