Pages

mr. nobody

I enjoy going to movies. When it's raining outside, and the streetlights are making the wet asphalt look golden. When the others are running in all directions. And when the ones that are at least a tiny bit alike, gather to feed on new inspirations. I enjoy going to movies. Alone. Making mental notes to myself of writing things down. And forgetting them as soon as the light comes up again. I enjoy going to movies. And acquiring a new obsession for myself. This time it is Jaco Van Dormael's Mr. Nobody with Jared Leto in the lead.

Fucking brilliant! Can't believe I hadn't seen it sooner, but better late than never. Mr. Nobody has everything that I look for in a movie – incomprehensible plot, jumps in time, tons of material to ponder on, the last-minute comprehension, wit, sarcasm, and ingenious camera angles + interesting new faces, who in this case is Toby Regbo, (see video below) who plays Nemo at 16 (not that I enjoy him much with hairstyles other than the one seen in this movie), AND who is, by the way, playing the young Dumbeldore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

"You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible."

"Everything you say is contradictory. You can't have been in one place and another at the same time. Of all those lives, which one is the right one?"

"In chess, it's called Zugzwang... when the only viable move is not to move."

"What do you see when you look at me? A grumpy old man who never answers questions? Who mixes things up? Who's kept busy by getting his meals? That's not me. Me... I wear shorts. I'm nine years old. I can run faster than the train."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This movie is simply awesome!

Post a Comment