Pages

Read in 2013


2013 turned out to be a good reading year for me. Although I only started reading in June, right after graduating from the university, I managed to read 15 books, thus finishing my Goodreads challenge. To be honest, it doesn't really matter how many books I read. I'm mostly happy just for finally getting back into reading after I had, very sadly, neglected it for so many years. I felt (and still do) like I had fallen very much behind. There are so many books on my to-read list. Mostly classics, including childhood favorites which I'm hoping to re-read, but also contemporary books. Last year I managed to read a lot of books which had long been on my to-read list (Atonement, Never Let Me Go, The Shadow of the Wind, The War of the Worlds) therefore I am very satisfied indeed with how it turned out.


In 2013 I read 15 books which make up a total of 5211 pages. 14 of them were physical copies and one, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, was an e-book. I read only one book in Latvian: Sarkanie Bērni by Inga Žolude, which was also the only book written by a woman. I read two books by each H.G. Wells, Neil Gaiman and John Green. My favorite book of the year was The Shadow of the Wind, closely followed by The War of the Worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment